There are several steps you should take to increase your chances of becoming pregnant and to reduce the risks of your baby.
- Eat a healthy diet & take plenty of exercise; women who are overweight find it more difficult to conceive and have increased health risks during pregnancy.
- Stop smoking and reduce your alcohol intake.
- Take folic acid tablets while you are trying to get pregnant: 400mcg per day, if you suffer from epilepsy 5mg per day throughout pregnancy.
- If you are due a cervical smear, have this done first as it is best to treat abnormal cells before you get pregnant.
- Have your rubella status checked: this is to make sure you are immune to German measles (Rubella). This is in the form of a simple blood test. This can be done by your GP or at Marble Arch Health.
If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact us